WHO WE ARE
The pages on this website are published by Scandi Living LTD, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 05122999. Our registered office and trading address is 9 Ludshott Grove, Headley Down, Hampshire, GU35 8BQ
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy when you visit and interact with our website. In this policy we explain how we will handle your personal data.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy you can contact us by emailing email@example.com
THE INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED
What information do we collect?
- When you make a purchase from www.scandiliving.com we ask for, and collect, personal information such as your name, billing and delivery address, telephone number, email address and payment details.
- If you set up an online account with us, we will store your password.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will request and store your email address on MailChimp, our email service provider.
How do we use your personal information?
- We use this information to make your shopping experience as easy and enjoyable as possible.
- To process your order including delivery, payment, and returns. Our store is hosted on BigCommerce. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through their data storage, databases and the general BigCommerce application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- To send you news and special offers that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so or we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any email.
- Any information we collect about your browsing and buying habits is used for statistical analysis and to continuously improve the website and the products and services offered to our customers. Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about store visits and the pages being viewed.
- To improve the services we offer, make recommendations about goods or services that may be of interest to you and to develop marketing programs.
- To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
- Our courier service, Royal Mail and DPD has selected access to your details for delivery purposes only.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF INFORMATION
Providing your personal data to others
- We will never pass on your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
RETAINING AND DELETING PERSONAL DATA
How long to we hold on to your data for?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer.
The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing. For example, the data collected during your purchase of goods on www.scandiliving.com are retained in accordance with local tax law (seven years in the UK); while those data used to send you our marketing communications are retained until you ask to be unsubscribed.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us, you can find our contact details at the top of this page.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
In the first instance we will provide a copy of the information free of charge, within one month of request. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
We can extend the time to respond by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you of this within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
What if I want to update my information?
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties